Monday, October 6, 2008

Stitch Rock 2008 was a fantastic!

I'm happy to report that Stitch Rock, up in Delray's adorable Old School Square gymnasium was as wonderful as last year if not better! Amanda Watkin's (my partner in crime for StitchBird Workshops) puts on such a great event. There was a really nice variety of crafters and the setup was great!

We tried to bring an assortment of stuff you can find at Bear and Bird (+ Tate's) which is a pretty tall order since we have so many different types of merchandise. :-) I think we met our goal though and found some new customers who will make a trip to see us in person.

If you missed Stitch Rock this year :-( make sure you don't miss out on the next one! The website is: http://www.rockthestitch.com/ Also, everyone on the StitchBird email list will also be notified when Stitch Rock events come up!

My favorite sale of the day was to a woman buying a gift for a relative... can't recall if it was her father-in-law or uncle or what... ANYWAY... she bought a Pistol Pedro plush by Michelle Valigura. She said his name is Pedro (the name is stitched on the barrel), he collects guns and also has a mustache! The PERFECT gift that he'd never expect. :-) I said she should claim to have had it custom made for him! Haa!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I attended the show, and I just wanted to say that it was awesome and I can't wait to come see the boutique in person (I'm in West Palm.)